It’s not you, it’s your book! You’ve poured your heart, soul, and a lot of your time into writing it, but it’s not selling like you thought it would. Let’s face it, a lot of us authors believe Amazon to be a magic wand that sells your book whilst you’re sleeping. But far from it! The most powerful marketing tool for your book is yourself as an author. Are you visible enough?
Here are 6 easy steps to help boost your online presence as an author:
1. Start a blog and post regularly. Share your insights and ideas with your readers, and be sure to include a call to action at the end of each post.
2. Use social media to connect with potential readers and followers. Share your blog posts and other relevant content, and be sure to respond to comments and questions.
3. Offer free content on your website or blog. Whether it’s an ebook, a video series, or a helpful guide, free content is a great way to attract new visitors to your site.
4. Speak at events and workshops. Get your name and your work out there by speaking at local events and workshops.
5. Write guest posts for other websites and blogs. This is a great way to reach new audiences and get your name in front of potential readers.
6. Stay active and engaged online. The more you participate in online conversations, the more likely it is that people will take notice of you and your work.
About the author:
As a creative, publisher, and author, Rudo Muchoko has become a passionate supporter of publishing works. She writes, edits, and publishes books, magazines, and audiobooks with the aim to lead and mentor authors using the suggestions in her book Awakening the Power of Self Publishing: the ultimate Guide